The main objectives of a Regional Chair:
- Convene and chair General Meetings of the regional branch, including but not limited to one Annual General Meeting.
- Organise, establish and support local branches (including but not limited to student societies) in the region.
- Represent the regional branch on the English Executive (6 times a year).
- Primary point of contact in the region for the Federal Executive on a number of issues, including but not limited to campaigns, events, membership, and media coverage.
- Recruit new members to the regional branch.
- Develop the skills and experience of members of the regional branch.
- Contribute to Regional and Federal Party campaigning priorities.